|What is NYLT? |
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops/crews and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. This course is the highest level of training offered to youth by a council.
The NYLT course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what he/she must KNOW, and what he/she must DO. The key elements are then taught with a clear focus on HOW TO.
The NYLT course is a six day course delivered over two weekends. Instruction is conducted in a partol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment.
Who May Attend?
Any Scout/Venturer in your troop, team or crew who meets the following requirements is eligible to participate:
- Boy Scout / Varsity Scouts must be 13 years of age and who have participated in Troop Leadership Training.
- Venturers must be at least 13 years of age and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program.
- Boy Scouts/Varsity Scouts must be a First Class Scout.
- Limited number of participants per unit may attend based on Course Director approval.
- Have a unit leader recommendation based on maturity and attitude.
Where is it Held?
NYLT will be held at Camp Miles.
What is the Cost?
The fee is $200. There is a nonrefundable reservation fee of $ 75.00. A late fee of $25 will be added if your balance is not paid in full by December 16, 2016. Registration is limited to the first 60 approved participants.
Cost includes all course materials, 2 t-shirts, hat, patch and meals.
Is Health Form required?
All participants are required to submit a valid Personal Heath & Medical Record form. Medical forms are only current for one year. Submit a COPY of your health form when you arrive to the first NYLT weekend; please do not send to the council service center.
For more information contact the Course Director :