Good Turn for America is a national call to service by the Boy Scouts of America to specifically address the issues of hunger, homelessness, and poor health in our nation - but also applies to service to the community in general. By recording your unit?s service hours on the Good Turn for America website, you help Scouting nationwide tell the story of the good our program is doing.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER SERVICE HOURS WITH GOOD TURN FOR AMERICA:
1) Call Lori Laumeyer at the Council Service Center (239) 936-8072 or (800) 269-8072 ext. 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your unit?s Good Turn for America ID and local unit number.
2) Visit http://www.goodturnforamerica.org/.
3) Once you?re on the Good Turn site, follow the directions to enter your service project information. Among the information you?ll be asked to provide:
- Date of the project
- # of registered Scouts participating
- # of adult leaders participating
- Total hours worked on the project
- Who or what organizations benefited from the project
4) After entering the data, your unit will be eligible to receive the Good Turn for America patch and year segment.