Units and Scouts can fund the ENTIRE YEAR OF SCOUTING with just ONE fundraising idea: SELL SCOUT POPCORN!
It's easy, it's fun, and you get to keep up to 28% as profit to make this year your ideal year of Scouting!
9 REASONS TO SELL POPCORN
1. Pay for your whole year’s Scouting program with just one popcorn sale.
2. Cover all your Unit’s activities and supplies with the commission you get from Popcorn.
3. Get more parents excited in your Unit’s Scouting program by eliminating their out-of-pocket
4. Increase your Unit and Council income – 70% stays local.
5. Boost a boy’s future – Scouts can qualify for Trail’s End Scholarships for college and other
post-high school education by selling popcorn.
6. Teach boys how great it feels to pay their own way in Scouting. Boy Scouts can earn related Merit
Badges and Cub Scouts earn related achievement awards.
7. It is a quality product, two out of three people buy Trail’s End when asked, and nine out of ten
people will buy again.
8. Give Scouts the “Ideal Year of Scouting”. Plan your entire year, budget all the costs, and raise the
money you need in just a few weeks in the fall.
9. Troops & Packs that are financially sound spend more time and energy providing a fun and
challenging year-round program.
The annual Popcorn sale is much more than just a fundraiser for your Council. More than 70% of every dollar earned goes back into your Scouting program - at both the unit and Council levels. Even the dollars earned by the Council become part of your Scouting program. Whether it is maintaining the camps or providing the unit and Program support that is essential to Quality Scouting in the Southwest Florida Council – all stays in your Scouting program! Since 1981 Scouts have raised more than $1 billion to support their Scouting programs!